Mavado’s 16-year-old son, who is charged with murder, conspiracy to murder and arson, will be spending the rest of July as a guest of the state in residence at the Metcalfe Street Juvenile Remand Center.

The son of the Dancehall superstar will have to wait until July 31 to know if he will be granted bail in his murder case. The teenager’s lawyer, Bert Samuels, revealed that he started the bail application last month and argued that his client was a fit candidate for bail, urging the court to release him on bond.

“The bail application will continue on July 31st. No ruling has yet been made by the judge. Part of the bail application was heard, and we are to continue on July 31,” Samuels recently told reporters.”

“The young man is not being housed with adult prisoners, he is being held at Metcalfe (Street), so he is safe,” he added.

The juvenile’s attorney indicated that he remains confident that bail will eventually be granted. However, the prosecutors strongly opposed bail for the teenager arguing that he is a flight risk. The teenager, along with 23-year-old Andre Hines, was charged last month with the murder of 22-year-old Lorenzo Thomas of Cassava Piece. Prosecutors have alleged that on June 5, men armed with guns, machetes and gasoline invaded Thomas’ home in the community, where he was shot and virtually beheaded before his body was set ablaze. Law enforcers said the teen and Hines were part of the group of invaders.

It is alleged that Thomas’ death is a reprisal killing in connection with a shooting incident involving Mavado which took place in the St. Andrew community just days prior to the man’s death. The “Father God” deejay reported the incident to the Constant Spring police the same day, and the individual who allegedly shot at him was arrested and charged for the reported offense, according to police sources.

Following the gun attack on the Jamaican-born deejay, a number of violent and fatal incidents, including Thomas’ death, occurred in and around the Cassava Piece community, resulting in a curfew being imposed there by the security forces, and the charges being laid against Mavado’s son and Hines.

Mavado reportedly left the island two days after he was shot at to fulfill his touring contract in the United States and the Caribbean, and has not returned since then despite being wanted by police for questioning.